Summer time!
I'm gonna keep this as short as I can, but I have to share with you *anyone* who may read my blog...my mom mainly :) and tell you of my trip of the summer. I've worked the entire summer and had very high hopes for a weekend trip to CA to visit my dear friend Karen and sight see. The beautiful Pacific ocean. Just the thought of it made me so excited. The open road, new adventure, cooler temps and just hanging out with my three daughters and a few of their friends....NOT my idea.
The night before our trip my husband and I realized that we did not have a lot of money, due to unforeseen circumstances. Looking back I should of just canceled our trip and planned it for another time, but with school starting this week, this was the only time. I had my last paycheck from my job and a gift card for the hotel....should be enough right?
Well about 1 hr 30 minutes into our journey, we run out of gas....I could not believe it. I thought Chris filled up the truck for me, so I didn't even bother to look at the gas gauge. How could I be so irresponsible? I had 5 kids with me....so, we made it on fumes to a rest stop...mind you, it was 112 degrees out. SO hot! I was walking up to anyone I saw asking if they had a gallon of gas to spare....no luck. Road side service wanted to charge me almost 100.00 dollars. Yikes we would of for sure had to cancel our trip if we paid that. I found a lady who cleaned the restrooms and she offered to go into the next town and get us gas....for a fee. 30.00..Sold! much better than 100.00 :) about an hour later we we're back on the road, and I was singing the Willy Nelson song *On the Road Again* So, we're driving, driving and still driving. We are getting closer to my friends house when, I end up on the wrong toll road, mind you the tolls are not like Chicago tolls, we're talking almost $3.00 and we had to pay that three times. I was getting so frustrated :( I just wanted to be at Karens, out of the car and besides, I was getting hungry. Finally, I turn back around find the right freeway and we end up at Karens about 7ish....Not too bad.
That's all for now....more adventures later....my hand is getting tired....I have lots more to share....:)
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
No comments:
Post a Comment