Wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope your day is filled with lots of fun and blessings.
George Washingtons 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation
Where as it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, an humbly to implore His protection and favor; and where as both House of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to recommend to all people of the United States a day of public Thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowleding with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety an happiness.
When I read this I was amazed....All Nations, Almighty God, day of prayer. It really made me realize the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Missy
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
1 comment:
Beautiful quote Missy. I am so glad to hear those words. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. In God's Love, Tami
Post a Comment