As the old saying goes "time flies when you're having fun" It's so true. I've come to appreciate all life's moments. As I get older I have the blessing of becoming more wise. With that, I've come to realize how quickly time passes. We're already coming to the end of 2008. I think about where the time went. When I was younger I felt like time would creep by.....now it's so fast.
My in~laws are visiting this weekend. My MIL and my youngest daughter spent the entire day baking while the rest of us we're either working or in school. They baked two pies, two different types of cookies, cinnamon rolls with yummy frosting and Brown Jug Soup for dinner. Not sure why they call it "brown" It's not. It has chicken, potatoes, corn, green beans, green onion and a yummy creamy sauce :) Then, tonight she made roast, twice baked potato casserole, ceaser salad, and bread. Yummy!!!! My husband may go through withdrawls when she leaves.....he loves his moms cooking.....I do to. Not good for the figure though :) I'm enjoying having them and I know my kids are too.
Hope your having a blessed weekend!
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
3 comments:
Holy smokes...that's alot of food! I'd love the recipe for the potatoe casserole! Maybe they call it brown jug soup because at one time it was made in a "brown jug". Or could be taken to work in a brown jug.
i'll share the recipe.....beware though....it's wonderful and not so healthy :)
Yum!
Maybe it's the jug that is brown, not the soup!
Kate
Post a Comment