Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday Favorite

I wanted to share one our favorite holiday dishes with you :) This recipe comes from a cookbook my husband's Grandmother Hazel gave me many years ago. She is in her mid nineties now. I'm sad I've not had the chance to make this dish for her.

The inscription reads:

To Chris and Missy
Nov.14, 1993
My Love,
grandma Hazel

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years.

1 can whole kernel corn
1 can creamed corn
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg cornbread mix (jiffy works great)
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten

Mix all ingredient together and bake in large baking dish for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. I usually check for it to be done the same way as cking a cake. Insert toothpick.

Happy Holidays :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy,

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family.
I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Kelly -- Findlay

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a yummy recipe!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Love, Kim

Mara (Coffee with Mara) said...

awesome recipe!

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...