Have you ever felt sorry for yourself? Have you ever been hurt by a loved one? I'm sure each of you can answer yes to those questions. How did you react? Well, I can honestly say for myself. Not the way God would have wanted. No details.....just a little word of encouragement. Tonight I was feeling both of those feelings. I reacted and acted out. Then, realizing my error I asked God to help me sort through my feelings.
I opened my mail to find an amazing message from a lady from my church. She posted some adorable pictures on her facebook account. Tradgicly she lost her 4 year son in 2000. I knew that, but didn't know the details. She posted a pic. of him hours before he died. I wrote her a message letting her know what a beautiful boy he was. His name was Nicholas. She wrote me back explaining why she is so attached to my Nicolas.
Oh my did the tears flow and through that, God showed me what is important. My eyes are opened and I feel renewed! Let the little things go and focus on what's truly important!
Psalms 20:1
May the Lord answer you in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
Psalms 20:4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
6 comments:
I love that-thank you for sharing. I think that it's so important for all of us to remember that there are things bigger than us-things unseen going on all the time. It is so cool when we get a visible/real reminder like that....
You are an inspiration-thanks for sharing.
Hugs to you!
Missy,
I totally needed to read your post today. There has been a lot going on and I needed to read that! Kelly
Thanks for sharing! :)
you guys are awesome!
thanks for your kind words.....
love, missy
thanks Missy for the encouragement...keep it up! Love you my friend! Karen
Yes ... thank you for the reminder of what is important :)
Love,
Jodi
Post a Comment