Just curious what your favorite thing to do as a family is ? Preferably inexpensive and doesn't involve the television :) I'm trying to get ideas. Our family feels broken right now. There's a crack in it's foundation. It needs lots of love and a little fun to repair the damage. Oh, but the number one thing my family needs right now is prayer. I'd love to hear you ideas on how to incorporate some fun into our family!
Many Blessings~
Missy
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
8 comments:
We love spending time together as a family. Here are some things we enjoy (remember, my kids are 4-10):
**read-alouds
**board games
**song time
**baking/cooking together
**playing at the park
**working a puzzle
Ask your family what they would enjoy doing together. You may be surprised by their answers. :0)
thank you mrs c :) our kiddos are 4-14 and each have their own ideas of what is fun...... i do love your ideas and appreciate that they are free!
blessings~
missy
Our girls love sitting and watching Little House on the Prairie as a family or other movies..complete with popcorn. They also love to play cards go for bike rides. Before we started building our house, every monday we would go to Costco, walk around and eat lunch there...it was fun and cheap and they loved the samples.
My girls are 9 and 12.
I agree with Mrs. C. sit everyone down and brainstorm some things that might be fun. Do an online search for fun, inexpensive family outings (I know there's a list somewhere out there), give each family member a copy and have them circle their faves. Then compare them, make a master list and start having fun. That in itself is a fun, family time.
I will be praying for your situation.
thank you kristen .... for the ideas and the prayers. if you dd's like little house, they would love the series by janette oke. she is a Christian author and her books we're made into movies. if you have the hallmark channel they show them pretty regularly. ex: love's long journey... i'll have to google it. i'm drawing a blank. my dd chloe loves to watch that series. it sparks a lot of conversation.
blessings,
missy
Missy....I found your lovely blog via Tami's blog and thought I might take a moment to respond to this post.... My kids are from 3-9 in ages and we do lots of things together ~ preferably the free kind....
~play at the park
~lots of board games and card games
~visit our local library together every week
~let the kids pick a dessert to bake together
~ride bikes/scooters
~do art work together at the kitchen table(pencil drawing, watercolor paints, markers, just plain old crayons and color books) Just buy age appropriate supplies so as not to seem to "kiddie" for the older ones.
~family drive in the car around your local town...we stop for milkshakes, have lots of conversation (no radio)and the kids love our little trip to nowhere :)
~family movies
~journal notebooks for each family member...to share or not to share...just the act of writing together.
Have a great day!
Sandra, Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I do appreciate free :) I just bought finger paint at Target today. I thought it might be fun to watch them paint :)
Blessings,
Missy
Our kids love playing their own version of "American Idol" where their dad and I try to impersinate the judges voices and comments, much to their delight.
"yo dog, check this out, it was just a little bit pitch for me dog"
In Him,
Corrie
hi corrie!
that's so funny :) my youngest asked all the time if she can go on american idol when she turns 16.
thanks for the idea. you should video tape them singing.
blessings,
missy
Post a Comment