Tuesday, October 14, 2008

realization!

I've come to realize.....that maybe I'm not meant to work right now. Let me just explain.......I've been looking, applying and calling on jobs since the kids started school (early Sept.) Now that all my kiddos are in school I figured the next step would be to find a job. There are many reasons why I need to work right now. Our family needs the income. Lots have transpired recently. Mainly financially. The extra income would be a blessing right now.

Saying that, I've realized that blessings come in many different packages. I feel the blessing is hearing God and Him telling me that now is not the time. I can't force it to happen. Believe me I've tried. I feel i've finally accepted that He has other plans with my time.

Now, if a job opens up tomorrow that I know is right. Then, I will jump on it, but for now. I'm listening to His voice.
He will provide and we will get through this.

Love,
Missy

3 comments:

Paula said...

Praying that you will have the peace to accept whatever the Lord has for you. :)

Carolyn T said...

His plans are WAY better than ours! Praying you enjoy the time to yourself for a bit...What an awesome season in your life!
Care

Lena Just Lena said...

Well said, Missy. Hearing God's voice IS a blessing. And listening/obeying His voice will bring more blessings. One of my fave passages of scripture is Matthew chapter 6.....I read it over and over again...often.

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...