Ouch! my left knee is giving me problems......old age? Not sure? Anyway, I woke up thinking I'd be home all day dealing with a hurt knee.....my husband gave me advil and within the hour it was better :) So, we took the younger kids and headed out to Freedom Inn. An assisted living home. Our church was hosting an outreach this morning. A women donated over 500 pieces of clothing to our church. Nice clothing. We set the clothes up and had the ladies of Freedom Inn enjoy a morning of shopping. It was so much fun. I loved every moment of it. The ladies we're so adorable. One in paticular caught my attention. She was just a tiny thing......needed a walked to get around. She was looking for a button down sweater vest. I looked everywhere and couldn't find one! Later there on the table was a beautiful mauve colored button up sweater vest. I took it over to the women. She was so excited :) Her face lit up and she said *I'm taking this.....it's so pretty*
Chris met a wonderful 94 year women. They had a connection and have made plans to visit each other.....What a blessed day :)
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
7 comments:
What a great way to spend some time. Our chuch always sings at some of the assisted living places in our area and we always are so blessed.
Oh, wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble. I know where you're coming from. I'm 43 and sometimes things hurt on my body that I didn't even know that I had...ah...the joys of getting older...*wink*. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and your knee isn't giving you any more trouble!
~Kelli
That sounds like so much fun...I wanted to go, but I'm (hopefully) getting over being sick. Thanks for sharing! Glad your knee is feeling better too.
Enjoy this AMAZING weather we are having!
How awesome! I'm glad you are feeling better. Thank you for visiting my blog. It sounds like you guys had a blast.
thank you girls :) hope your had a blessed week.
How fun! It is very true what you said on my blog. Right now, it's not really about "wants" but "needs", and God knows our wants too, and can make a way for those as well, but our focus is our needs. I'm trying to find a way to make healthy meals on a tighter budget.
Post a Comment