I shared with a friend today the desire to adopt again. OK, this desire is not a new one. We brought our son home three years ago from Haiti. After a year, adoption was heavy on my heart. My husband is very clear that four is enough! I agree with him, but still have the strong desire to adopt again. Years ago, I would of insisted my husband agree with me. I would cry and do whatever it took to get my way. Thankfully, God has changed my heart. I only want something to happen in my life if God and my husband feel it is right for our family.
As I was sharing with my friend today she said to me "You had expectations when you adopted, you thought you we're going to get a an 15 month old child. Instead your son came home at two". I thought about that. I do at times mourn his babyhood. I missed two years of his life. Saying all this my son has made such a difference in this world. He has no idea the impact he has made on others.
He has been a vessel that has caused others to adopt.
To start a missions team to Haiti.
A church that supports his orphanage monthly.
I can take no credit for any of those things. Through my son, others have stepped up and made a difference! A huge thank you!
Love,
Missy
1 comment:
He is adorable!
Post a Comment