Monday, July 13, 2009

Weight-Less or Loss?



I'm gonna share something with you......I have such a desire to lose weight. I have something else to share.....I love food. I think about food a lot. I used to be thin....and picky. Now, I love all food, except sea food and fish. I'm at a loss. I've maintaining my weight, but would really like to shed some pounds.

Saying that, I should of had my daughter and her friend go out tonight and buy me chocolate ice cream with peanut butter. Yikes!

I would love any ideas and healthy recipes. I've read lots of books and read stuff on the internet....so I think my main issue is self discipline.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Oh dear I'm in the same boat as you...I realistically need to lose about 50 pounds...that's what I've kept since having my girls. I've lost and gained some of it over the years.

I've found that other than exercise (duh)....waiting till I'm hungry to eat and stopping when I'm satisfied have been huge keys, as well as eating off a smaller plate (salad plate size), I realize with that I end up eating less and realzing that I'm content.

When I go out, my hubby and I often will split meals, or I make sure I don't feel the need to finish it all. If I do, that's okay too, I just don't eat later in the day (I'm usually not hungry anyways).

We try to eat less fried, healthier foods at home. When I go out to eat (which is rare) I will have something I normally won't have a at home.

I need to get better at eating more fruits and veggies, drink more water and less coffee....

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...