Friday, July 24, 2009

last weekends project





After almost 20 years of marriage, I should know not to say something to my husband, unless I really mean it....let me explain. I just happened to mention last Sat. "we should tile the kitchen island this weekend" First, I didn't think he would take me seriously, second tiling the kitchen island is NOT in our budget right now.

Well, before I know it, my husband is stripping off the laminate....too late to turn back now. So, off to Lowe's we go to pick tile. Thankfully, we both agree on very inexpensive terra cotta (sp) tiles, we like the color and have always wanted a more rustic look and I've always....always wanted tile counter tops :)

Thankfully.....the tile came to $42.00 and the mortar was cheap, and we we're able to borrow a saw from a friend :)

I love the outcome. Eventually, we will finish the all the counter tops, but for now I'm enjoying my new tile!

4 comments:

Michele Schweig said...

looks pretty!!! :)

Lena Just Lena said...

awesome! I was shocked when Bob told me Chris called about a tile saw. I heard you mention it....guess Chris pays attention, eh? Better be careful! lol. It looks great, can't wait to see it in person. <3

Missy said...

thanks girls :)

Kirstin said...

love it!!!

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...