Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grow



A little less than a year ago we went on our first camping trip as a family. I remember as a child going with my parents. My husband and his family went quite a bit when he was growing up. He had lots of family and wide open spaces growing up in Minnesota. We've talk about camping for years. The main thing that was holding us back was having to purchase all the equipment. Well, our old neighbor set us up. He had basically everything we needed. Our main purchase was the potty ( a bucket) and our food. Not sure if your familiar with AZ, but where we live it's mainly desert. With surrounding mountains (I call hills) mountains are in CO where I used to live many years ago, well when we pulled into our campsite I was amazed at the surroundings. Beautiful trees and green grass. Fresh air...so wonderful!

Looking up at those tall trees I wondered how old they we're? Now, almost a year later I'm still thinking of those beautiful pine trees. Grow where you are planted is all that keeps going through my mind right now. Those trees are growing and thriving and doing what God has created them to do. Grow....where He has planted them.

I've been feeling very unsettled lately...wanting to Go and make a difference. I'm realizing that I need to grow where I am planted. Right now, I'm planted here. In Arizona. God has placed me here to grow. I need to honor that and respect His plan for me. Not to say one day I wont be planted some where else (another country) to grow, but for now I get that here is where I need to grow. Thank you God for such peace about where I should be.

No comments:

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...