Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chester





Have I ever introduced my bird Chester? He's been a part of our family for quite awhile. He actually picked me. Back in Illinois we had a great pet store I would visit weekly. They actually would allow you to hold the pets....birds, ferrets, hamsters, gerbils and bunnies. I have fond memories of that place. One day I was strolling around and saw this adorable baby bird. I held him and petted him and when i put him down, he walked over to the corner of his cage and stood in the corner, as if he was sulking. I left the store, but couldn't get his little face out of my head. I went home and told my husband all about him and he gave me the thumbs up to buy him. Well, many years later, he still loves me, but not the rest of the family. He's basically bit everyone in the family.... attacked my husband and hung from my daughters lip. So, sadly, he spends a lot of time in his cage. I bring him out when everyone is sleeping or, I take him to my room with the door shut and we hang out together. He loves to eat apples and french fries. He also says hello when the phone rings. He calls our dogs by name and can mimic lots of sounds. He's very talented.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...