First, let me say, I didn't have my camera to document my evening last night....sadly. Last night we went to our friends art gallery. Very small and quaint. A small building with vacancies everywhere. Unfortunately artist have had to close their studios due to the economy. Well, Toms photos we're wonderful. He captured the "dead sea" an area near Palms Springs. Interesting story behind it.
Anyway, during this time we walked around and found a few little studios (old homes) and glanced at "art" so, what I've learned is art takes many different shapes and forms. I even witnessed people art.... Very neat. So, after our little stroll we went back to Tom's studio. Well, what I didn't know that a famous local artist was having a crew party right next to Tom's. Tom insisted we go with him and check out the art....called "beautiful lights"
The city of Scottsdale paid this artist $60,000 to put on a public art show a few months ago. I know, pretty exciting, and eventful. Well, my night mainly consisted of people watching....and experiencing a whole new perspective of art :)
Living in the moment....... Laughing at the silly stuff.......... Loving my family............
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
My last post was less than a month ago and SO much has changed. Not so much with me personally-but the state of our world is terrifying. I n...
-
I've found few things I'm enjoying :) I think I'd like to share some of those little things with you! I'm not sure how many ...
-
My mom always had a saying. She'd say, "when someone dies a baby is born." She told me that when I was little and it has stuck...
2 comments:
Sounds like an interesting night. :)
I love it. So glad for you. I reccently checked out our own local art museum and was very impressed as well. There is something so moving about seeing the beauty in other people's perspectives of their world.
Glad you enjoyed it :)
Love,
Jodi
Post a Comment