The other day a question popped into my head! Hey, remember that blog you started 16 years ago? Today I searched and searched for it. Nothing came up. Thankfully my friends blog came up and I was able to find my old- out of date blog. Today blogging has become an art! So many beautiful blogs out there. It's truly impressive how much time and energy is put in to one's work of art. Mine however will always be simple. I've decided that it will just be for me. A precious gift to myself. Maybe a journal or self reflection? Maybe a devotional? What ever it looks like, I'm thankful I created this 16 years ago. What a precious time in my life that was. How simple and sweet that time was. My kids were still young and I was young as well. Fast forward to today. SO much has happened in my life.
My oldest is married with 2 beautiful babies.
My Kendall has 2 sweet and sassy daughters.
My Chloe Ann is engaged and living her best life in Indiana.
My son Nicolas is 20 and still at home.
I've realized that for so long I felt defined by my kids. I put so many things and relationships on hold. Including my marriage. Now, I'm working hard to make my relationship with him a priority. Of course, I know that God needs to come first. I'm playing catch up. Trying to soak in each moment. Enjoy the journey and love those around me. I'm working a job I love. I spend lots of time with my grandbabies, love on my fur babies and try to balance this busy and blessed life.
I was so happy to see so many familiar blogs I used to follow still active. That's what I'm going to do now. Read some blogs! Reflect on this new chapter in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment